BJP puts up hoardings in Delhi on Afzal Guru case
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has put up hoardings in several parts of the city asking the Delhi government the reasons behind withholding for nearly four years the file pertaining to parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s mercy petition.
The hoardings have been put up along major city roads.
"The Delhi BJP has put up the hoardings across the city to ask the chief minister why Afzal Guru`s mercy petition file was kept on hold for almost four years. We want a reply from her as soon as possible," the party`s city unit chief Vijendra Gupta told reporters.
Gupta said this was also done to raise public awareness on the issue besides making the state government understand the people`s sentiments and the need to hang the parliament attack convict soon.
He also wanted Lieutenant Governor Tajendra Khanna to move Guru`s file, which was sent to him by the Delhi government two days ago.
The state government Wednesday sent the file on Guru`s mercy petition to the lieutenant governor, a day after he had sought some clarifications. The Delhi government has not opposed the death sentence awarded to Guru but has expressed concerns about law and order in the wake of his execution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley