BJP puts up hoardings in Delhi on Afzal Guru case
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has put up hoardings in several parts of the city asking the Delhi government the reasons behind withholding for nearly four years the file pertaining to parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s mercy petition.
The hoardings have been put up along major city roads.
"The Delhi BJP has put up the hoardings across the city to ask the chief minister why Afzal Guru`s mercy petition file was kept on hold for almost four years. We want a reply from her as soon as possible," the party`s city unit chief Vijendra Gupta told reporters.
Gupta said this was also done to raise public awareness on the issue besides making the state government understand the people`s sentiments and the need to hang the parliament attack convict soon.
He also wanted Lieutenant Governor Tajendra Khanna to move Guru`s file, which was sent to him by the Delhi government two days ago.
The state government Wednesday sent the file on Guru`s mercy petition to the lieutenant governor, a day after he had sought some clarifications. The Delhi government has not opposed the death sentence awarded to Guru but has expressed concerns about law and order in the wake of his execution.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services
- CPI-M, BJP can't beat TMC in West Bengal, no post-poll alliance with Congress: Mamata Banerjee