BJP questions govt notices to Kejriwal, Ramdev
New Delhi: BJP on Friday raised questions over the notices sent to civil society activist Arvind Kejriwal and Yoga guru Ramdev, saying the Government should come clear on, whether they were intentional or mere coincidental.
"It is very amusing and rather very incidental that all these people, who have raised their voice against the Government end up landing up with notices," said senior BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
Talking to reporters outside Parliament, Rudy said, "One does not know, whether it is with an intent or a design or is just a matter of a course. It does raise a sense of suspicion in the minds of the people, whether it is the intent of the Government or is simply a procedure, which is happening and now it is taking its own course."
He said, the "best people to explain the entire situation is the Government.
"Another senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad charged the UPA of playing vendetta politics. Without getting into details of the notice sent by the Government to Kejriwal, he
said, the people of the country will not accept this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Haryana RS elections: Experts question delay in raising objection to Election Commission
- WATCH: This is how Iceland celebrated victory over England with their fans. Goosebumps!
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official