BJP raising graft issue as it`s running out of patience: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday suggested BJP is
raising the issue of corruption as it is "running out of
patience" after the defeat in last Lok Sabha election and its
leaders "are not sure of their position".
"It seems that the opposition, especially BJP, is finding
the coming four years too long and the leaders of the
opposition are themselves not sure about their position in
future", AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi told
It will be better if they do not impose their "internal
problems" on the country, he said.
He said the question is not what happened in 2G Spectrum
and what was right or wrong in many other issues that were
raised. "These questions do not arise because the government
did not object to probe into any issue or tried to save
anybody guilty from punishment," Dwivedi said.
Citing the resignation of Ashok Chavan from Maharashtra
Chief Minister`s post in the wake of Adarsha Housing Society
scam in Mumbai and A Raja as Telecom Minister, the Congress
leader said "even before the probe was completed, Congress
ensured the resignation of its Chief Minister. Even in the 2G
issue, the resignation of a minister was ensured.
"This resignation could have come even after the debate"
in Parliament, he added.
Regretting that a parliamentary debate on these issues
was not allowed by the opposition pressing for JPC probe into
2G spectrum allocation, the Congress leader said "this is in a
way an insult to Parliament."
"An institution like CAG was not trusted fully. Even PAC
was not trusted whose President is as per norms is a leader
from the Opposition. The issue was also under the Supreme
Court. But even its report was not awaited. This means we are
devaluing our all democratic and constitutional institutions.
What tradition we are putting in?” Dwivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000