BJP ready to counter Kejriwal`s charges: Balbir Punj
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Balbir Punj on Wednesday said that the financial transactions of his political outfit have been absolutely transparent, and added that the main opposition is open to scrutiny and ready to answer every charge that will be leveled by India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal.
"We are in no pressure at all because we have nothing to hide. Our financial transactions have absolutely been transparent and nobody has taken any advantage of his or her position. And we will respond after Arvind Kejriwal has come out with his chargesheet," said Punj, when asked to comment on Team Kejriwal all set to expose BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
"We are open to scrutiny and we will answer every charge and we are not going to run away from any debate. The way the ``Damaadji`` has run away and is not to be seen anywhere," he added, while taking a jibe at Congress President Sonia Gandhi``s son-in-law Robert Vadra.
Punj further said the BJP played the role of an important opposition with its continuous demands for a probe against Robert Vadra and his alleged links with DLF.
"I don`t know what strong reaction the BJP could have given on Robert Vadra``s case. We wanted an inquiry, our spokespersons went on record, they repeatedly emphasized that everything should be inquired into," said Punj.
"And beyond that what do you expect the opposition party to do, which has to work under the law within the framework of the constitution," he added.
Kejriwal, who has promised to expose five top politicians indulging in corrupt activities, is expected to target Gadkari next.
Kejriwal, who had threatened to release proof of corruption by Gadkari, is set for another big revelation today.
India Against Corruption (IAC) member Anjali Damania had earlier on Tuesday confirmed that Gadkari would be the next person to be exposed before the public.
Reiterating her allegations on Gadkari, Damania said that Gadkari should have done something when she approached him regarding the Maharashtra irrigation scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?