BJP ready to counter Kejriwal`s charges: Balbir Punj
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Balbir Punj on Wednesday said that the financial transactions of his political outfit have been absolutely transparent, and added that the main opposition is open to scrutiny and ready to answer every charge that will be leveled by India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal.
"We are in no pressure at all because we have nothing to hide. Our financial transactions have absolutely been transparent and nobody has taken any advantage of his or her position. And we will respond after Arvind Kejriwal has come out with his chargesheet," said Punj, when asked to comment on Team Kejriwal all set to expose BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
"We are open to scrutiny and we will answer every charge and we are not going to run away from any debate. The way the ``Damaadji`` has run away and is not to be seen anywhere," he added, while taking a jibe at Congress President Sonia Gandhi``s son-in-law Robert Vadra.
Punj further said the BJP played the role of an important opposition with its continuous demands for a probe against Robert Vadra and his alleged links with DLF.
"I don`t know what strong reaction the BJP could have given on Robert Vadra``s case. We wanted an inquiry, our spokespersons went on record, they repeatedly emphasized that everything should be inquired into," said Punj.
"And beyond that what do you expect the opposition party to do, which has to work under the law within the framework of the constitution," he added.
Kejriwal, who has promised to expose five top politicians indulging in corrupt activities, is expected to target Gadkari next.
Kejriwal, who had threatened to release proof of corruption by Gadkari, is set for another big revelation today.
India Against Corruption (IAC) member Anjali Damania had earlier on Tuesday confirmed that Gadkari would be the next person to be exposed before the public.
Reiterating her allegations on Gadkari, Damania said that Gadkari should have done something when she approached him regarding the Maharashtra irrigation scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video