BJP ready to support Ramdev`s campaign if requested: Rajnath
Ghaziabad: BJP on Thursday said it is ready to provide active support to Yoga guru Ramdev`s campaign against black money stashed abroad if he asks for it.
"BJP has provided moral support to both Anna Hazare`s and Ramdev`s campaigns in the past and is even ready to lend active support to the yoga guru`s stir if he approaches the party for it," former BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
Any endeavour to eradicate a social evil must be backed by all, he said.
Ramdev today launched a three-day fast along with his supporters demanding immediate action to enact a strong Lokpal and steps to bring back black money stashed away in foreign banks failing which he will announce his future strategy.
Singh claimed that BJP would emerge as the single largest party in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
To a question whether Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was enforcing pressure on the BJP to declare a Prime Ministerial candidate, he said "Nitish is an ally of the NDA."
The Centre needs to take some effective steps to end the financial crisis and deal with the internal security concerns, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra