BJP ready to support Ramdev`s campaign if requested: Rajnath
Ghaziabad: BJP on Thursday said it is ready to provide active support to Yoga guru Ramdev`s campaign against black money stashed abroad if he asks for it.
"BJP has provided moral support to both Anna Hazare`s and Ramdev`s campaigns in the past and is even ready to lend active support to the yoga guru`s stir if he approaches the party for it," former BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
Any endeavour to eradicate a social evil must be backed by all, he said.
Ramdev today launched a three-day fast along with his supporters demanding immediate action to enact a strong Lokpal and steps to bring back black money stashed away in foreign banks failing which he will announce his future strategy.
Singh claimed that BJP would emerge as the single largest party in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
To a question whether Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was enforcing pressure on the BJP to declare a Prime Ministerial candidate, he said "Nitish is an ally of the NDA."
The Centre needs to take some effective steps to end the financial crisis and deal with the internal security concerns, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why