BJP regrets Manmohan-Sharif meet despite continued terrorism
Kolkata: BJP on Sunday regretted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s decision to meet his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in New York despite continuing terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir.
"It`s sad and most unfortunate that the PM has gone ahead with the meeting with his Pakistani counterpart despite continued cross-border terrorism emerging from PoK," BJP spokesperson and co-observer for West Bengal Siddharth Nath Singh told reporters on the sidelines of the BJP state executive committee meeting here.
"Instead the PM should have given a strong message to the Pakistan premier by not participating in the meeting," Singh said.
Singh`s meeting with Sharif today was under the shadow of recent twin terror attacks in Jammu in which 10 people, including an army officer, were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof