BJP regrets Manmohan-Sharif meet despite continued terrorism
Kolkata: BJP on Sunday regretted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s decision to meet his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in New York despite continuing terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir.
"It`s sad and most unfortunate that the PM has gone ahead with the meeting with his Pakistani counterpart despite continued cross-border terrorism emerging from PoK," BJP spokesperson and co-observer for West Bengal Siddharth Nath Singh told reporters on the sidelines of the BJP state executive committee meeting here.
"Instead the PM should have given a strong message to the Pakistan premier by not participating in the meeting," Singh said.
Singh`s meeting with Sharif today was under the shadow of recent twin terror attacks in Jammu in which 10 people, including an army officer, were killed.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS