BJP rejects PM`s contention on `Gujarat minister`
Ahmedabad: BJP on Wednesday rejected Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh`s contention that the party was taking up
issues against UPA government because of the arrest of former
Gujarat minister Amit Shah in Sohrabuddin fake encounter case,
and said the entire opposition was raising these issues.
"There was an expectation and hope that Prime Minister`s
address to the media today will provide some new directions on
the issues of corruption and inflation. Instead, he pleaded
his innocence and helplessness," BJP spokesperson Prakash
Javadekar told reporters here.
In reply to a question about the Prime Minister`s remarks
referring to Shah, Javadekar said, "Not just BJP, but entire
opposition was raising issues of scams and demanding JPC. Some
of the allies of the present UPA government have supported the
demand of formation of JPC to probe 2G spectrum scam."
"Gujarat`s fight (on misuse of CBI) is for justice, and
we are confident of winning it. People of Gujarat know that
ruling government here is a symbol of progress and not of
destruction," Javadekar said.
The Prime Minister, during his interaction with
journalists this morning, had said, "Opposition parties and
especially BJP has taken a very hostile attitude towards us...
I cannot mention it in public... Because you have taken a
particular decision against a minister who was in Gujarat. You
reverse it or face it".
Shah, who was Minister of state for home in Modi
government, was arrested by the CBI in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case and is now out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi