BJP rejects pol-conspiracy theory behind train mishap
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP on Sunday rejected the
`political conspiracy` theory of Railway Minister Mamata
Banerjee behind the derailment of Jnaneswari Express train at
Midnapore in West Bengal that claimed 148 lives.
`It is a political expression to get political mileage and
with an eye on civic polls in West Bengal`,BJP Spokesperson
Ramnath Kovind told reporters.
`We do not see any political conspiracy. Banerjee wanted
to shift the blame to Home Minister and West Bengal
Government`, he said.
Banerjee had alleged there was a "political conspiracy"
behind the derailment without blaming Maoists for the disaster
and demanded a CBI probe.
Stating that naxalism has become a major threat to country,
Kovind said BJP was for `limited use of army and defence
service` to face the challenge poised by Maoists.` We want
war against Naxalites`, he said.
Alleging that there was no unanimity among Central
Cabinet ministers in finalising a clear cut strategy to tackle
Naxalism, Kovind said BJP wanted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
to explain the government`s stand on the problem of Naxalism.
The UPA government at the Centre was a complete failure and
on foreign policy, the government appeared to be ``totally
capitulating`` before the US, he charged.
He demanded scrapping of the Justice Ranganath Mishra
Commission report on religious and linguistic minorities. UPA
was trying to enforce the report with an eye on vote bank
politics, he said.
`The recommendations, if implemented, will adversely affect
OBC category as it is from their quota, religious minorities
and convert Dalit Christians and Muslims will be
accommodated,` he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...