BJP rejoices over Shah bail, Karnataka HC verdict
New Delhi: Amid unhappiness within a section
of the BJP over Sushma Swaraj`s remarks on Narendra Modi,
the party had something to cheer about today with former
Gujarat minister Amit Shah getting bail in Sohrabuddin fake
encounter case and Karnataka High Court upholding suspension
of 11 rebel MLAs.
"We have always maintained and believed that the case
against Amit Shah in Gujarat was unfairly investigated. It was
a clear case of no evidence. And we are happy that the High
Court has accepted the bail application of Shah and we believe
that truth alone triumphs," BJP spokesperson Tarun Vijay said.
He also hailed the verdict of Karnataka High Court
upholding the Speaker`s decision disqualifying 11 BJP rebel
MLAs who had expressed their opposition to the B S Yeddyurappa
government in a letter to the Governor.
"In Karnataka, the High Court has upheld the
anti-defection law in letter and spirit. We are happy and this
is a happy Diwali for all those who believe in law and in
upholding the spirit of the Constitution," Vijay said.
"It is Satyamev Jayate in Gujarat and Satyamev Jayate in
Karnataka. The revengeful politics of CBI (in Sohrabuddin
case) stands exposed," he added.
BJP top brass was engaged in fire-fighting till yesterday
in the wake of senior party leader Sushma Swaraj`s statement
in the course of campaigning in Bihar that Modi`s magic might
not work everywhere.
Though Shah has not been exonerated and the victory in
Karnataka may be short-lived, the party today got something to
While the BJP had till now appeared confident of a
verdict in its favour in Karnataka, it was Amit Shah`s release
that came as a relief and a reason to rejoice for the party.
BJP workers burst crackers and distributed sweets at the
party headquarters here to celebrate the occasion.
"CBI is constantly proving through its actions that it
prefers to be used as a political tool provided it gets full
support of the government. And so the institutions that
safeguard democratic norms like CVC or CBI office, have lost
their neutrality in this regime," Vijay said.
BJP in-charge of Gujarat Balbir Punj also welcomed the
High Court decision on Amit Shah.
"The court order has vindicated the BJP stand that the
CBI had framed up an innocent person under political pressure
in the Sohrabuddin case. It is noteworthy that people of
Gujarat had given a verdict in BJP`s favour by decimating
Congress in the just-concluded elections to local bodies," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard