BJP responsible for political mess: JD(U)
Patna: The ruling JD(U) in Bihar Monday held ally BJP responsible for friction between the two over
flood relief advertisements, but said it wanted to continue
ties with the saffron party "in true spirit".
"We hold BJP responsible for the present mess arising
out of the developments over (Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra)
Modi ... But, we want to continue the relationship between the
two parties," JD(U) national spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari
"The alliance should continue. It is the need of the
hour to keep the people away from `jungle raj` which was
unleashed by RJD-LJP combine and Congress earlier," he said,
adding the ties should continue in true spirit.
Tiwari said had the BJP prevented the advertisements
from being published at the time of its national executive
here on June 12 and 13 that showed Modi holding hands with
Kumar and the other advertisement about the relief for Kosi
flood victims from Gujarat, the situation would have been
"What we (alliance) did with full commitment for the
uplift of minorities has come a cropper because of the
advertisements for which the BJP alone is responsible," Tiwari
"People know that Bihar has a different political
background. Everybody knows that the leader of the alliance is
Nitish Kumar... so what is the problem with the BJP in
accepting the truth when elections are around the corner?" he
He said if the chief minister objected to his Gujarat
counterpart electioneering in Bihar, the BJP should concede it
instead of stating that it would be decided at an appropriate
Tiwari asked the BJP to ponder over whether it would
really gain from campaigning by Modi. "Are people of the state
prepared to accept Modi as a leader? Will he be able to
convince the electorate?"
He suggested that both sides be open to a threadbare
discussion on these issues.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case