BJP reviving Hindutva politics: D Raja
New Delhi: Launching a frontal attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Communist Party of India (CPI) leader D. Raja on Saturday alleged that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is attempting to communalise the society by bringing forward its Hindutva agenda and claims of building a grand temple of Lord Ram in Ayodhya.
Raja said it is now well-known to the nation and the various political outfits that the BJP is reviving its Hindutva ideology.
"It is open now how the RSS is dictating the policies to BJP. It is very clear the BJP is bound to revive its Hindutva politics. And now, on one side Modi is talking about development. In this case also, it is not development of the state and its people and their interests. It is development of the corporate sector," said Raja.
Raja further alleged that Modi represents the corporate interest.
"That is why corporate sector is behind Modi doing ad campaigns in favour of Modi. And on the other hand, they talk about Article 370, they are talking about building Ram Mandir in Ayodhya when the case is pending before the court. They are trying to communalise the society. This is going to boomerang on BJP. The BJP should not take people for granted," he added.
Modi`s aide and BJP`s Uttar Pradesh in-charge, Amit Shah, earlier in the day said that a grand temple of Lord Ram would be built in Ayodhya soon.
Shah, who visited the Ram temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya, said that he had come to offer his prayers to Lord Ram.
"It is a centre of faith for crores of Hindus. I have asked that there should be good governance in the country and the country gets rid of the Congress. I have also prayed that we should all together build a grand temple for Lord Ram here as soon as possible," he told the media here.
The construction of Ram temple at the dispute site in Ayodhya has always been in BJP`s top agenda, but it was put on the back burner after formation of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre