BJP reviving Hindutva politics: D Raja
New Delhi: Launching a frontal attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Communist Party of India (CPI) leader D. Raja on Saturday alleged that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is attempting to communalise the society by bringing forward its Hindutva agenda and claims of building a grand temple of Lord Ram in Ayodhya.
Raja said it is now well-known to the nation and the various political outfits that the BJP is reviving its Hindutva ideology.
"It is open now how the RSS is dictating the policies to BJP. It is very clear the BJP is bound to revive its Hindutva politics. And now, on one side Modi is talking about development. In this case also, it is not development of the state and its people and their interests. It is development of the corporate sector," said Raja.
Raja further alleged that Modi represents the corporate interest.
"That is why corporate sector is behind Modi doing ad campaigns in favour of Modi. And on the other hand, they talk about Article 370, they are talking about building Ram Mandir in Ayodhya when the case is pending before the court. They are trying to communalise the society. This is going to boomerang on BJP. The BJP should not take people for granted," he added.
Modi`s aide and BJP`s Uttar Pradesh in-charge, Amit Shah, earlier in the day said that a grand temple of Lord Ram would be built in Ayodhya soon.
Shah, who visited the Ram temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya, said that he had come to offer his prayers to Lord Ram.
"It is a centre of faith for crores of Hindus. I have asked that there should be good governance in the country and the country gets rid of the Congress. I have also prayed that we should all together build a grand temple for Lord Ram here as soon as possible," he told the media here.
The construction of Ram temple at the dispute site in Ayodhya has always been in BJP`s top agenda, but it was put on the back burner after formation of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town