BJP ridicules 11-party front as `scattered morcha`
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday dismissed as a "scattered morcha" the getting together of various parties to provide an alternative to it and Congress and said it is aimed at helping Congress and stopping Narendra Modi from coming to power.
"This is not a Third Front but a `bikhra (scattered) morcha`. Be it third front or AAP`s fourth front, their idea is to help Congress. Voting for them means voting for Congress.
"This third front or fourth front in the form of AAP are proving to be a Congress front just to stop Modi from coming to power...But they have failed miserably in their efforts," BJP Spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Keeping the issue of prime ministerial candidate on the back-burner, 11 Left and secular parties today came together claiming to be an alternative and vowed to defeat both Congress and BJP.
The announcement was made after an hour-long meeting here of the leaders of JD(U), Samajwadi Party, AIADMK, JD(S), Jharkhand Vikas Morcha and four Left parties.
The 11-party combination also came out with a joint declaration which said, "It is time for a change and to throw out the Congress from power...BJP and the communal forces must be defeated and prevented from coming to power."
The combine attacked both Congress and BJP and said it will forge an alliance to provide an alternative to both of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened