BJP ridicules 11-party front as `scattered morcha`
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday dismissed as a "scattered morcha" the getting together of various parties to provide an alternative to it and Congress and said it is aimed at helping Congress and stopping Narendra Modi from coming to power.
"This is not a Third Front but a `bikhra (scattered) morcha`. Be it third front or AAP`s fourth front, their idea is to help Congress. Voting for them means voting for Congress.
"This third front or fourth front in the form of AAP are proving to be a Congress front just to stop Modi from coming to power...But they have failed miserably in their efforts," BJP Spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Keeping the issue of prime ministerial candidate on the back-burner, 11 Left and secular parties today came together claiming to be an alternative and vowed to defeat both Congress and BJP.
The announcement was made after an hour-long meeting here of the leaders of JD(U), Samajwadi Party, AIADMK, JD(S), Jharkhand Vikas Morcha and four Left parties.
The 11-party combination also came out with a joint declaration which said, "It is time for a change and to throw out the Congress from power...BJP and the communal forces must be defeated and prevented from coming to power."
The combine attacked both Congress and BJP and said it will forge an alliance to provide an alternative to both of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune