BJP ridicules Cong over foregoing Parliament allowance
New Delhi: Ridiculing Congress MPs for their
decision not to take daily allowances due to disruptions in
Parliament, BJP on Friday said they were trying to cover up the 2G
spectrum scam worth lakhs of crore with a mere Rs 2,000.
"Congress MPs want to cover up the corruption of lakhs
of crore with a mere Rs 2000 only. If Congress MPs are so
worried about corruption, then they should ask their party to
try to stop corruption and not try to become martyrs by
sacrificing their Rs 2000," BJP spokesperson Shanawaz Hussain
told reporters outside Parliament.
The BJP leader was asked to comment on a decision by
Congress MPs to forgo their daily allowances as Parliament
has not been functioning over the 2G Spectrum scam since day
one of the Winter session.
On the issue of airlines increasing airfares manifold in
the recent times, the former civil aviation minister said,
"the Government has no control over airlines and the fare of
even the so-called low-cost airlines has gone out of reach of
the common people."
Hussain said the airlines have formed a "cartel" and the
Ministry should ensure by a policy that they would not be
allowed to increase airfares especially during the festival
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29