BJP ridicules Rahul Gandhi over comment on marriage
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday poked fun at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over his comment on marriage and children, saying does that mean those married are not capable of serving the nation.
"As far as he has said that marriage will disrupt the work. We are married and are still serving the nation. So, I don`t think it appropriate to point fingers on all the married people," said BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain.
The Congress vice-president, who interacted with his party MPs yesterday, said he was not interested in marriage.
"If I get married and have children, then I will become a status quoist and will be concerned about bequeathing my position to my children," he said.
Gandhi also made it clear that he has no plans of becoming the next Prime Minister of the country.
"Asking whether you want to be prime minister is to ask me a wrong question," he said, amid growing clamour within the Congress Party for projecting him as its Prime Ministerial candidate before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days