BJP ridicules Rahul Gandhi over comment on marriage
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday poked fun at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over his comment on marriage and children, saying does that mean those married are not capable of serving the nation.
"As far as he has said that marriage will disrupt the work. We are married and are still serving the nation. So, I don`t think it appropriate to point fingers on all the married people," said BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain.
The Congress vice-president, who interacted with his party MPs yesterday, said he was not interested in marriage.
"If I get married and have children, then I will become a status quoist and will be concerned about bequeathing my position to my children," he said.
Gandhi also made it clear that he has no plans of becoming the next Prime Minister of the country.
"Asking whether you want to be prime minister is to ask me a wrong question," he said, amid growing clamour within the Congress Party for projecting him as its Prime Ministerial candidate before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'