BJP, RSS leaders meet NIA officials over arrests
Indore: Senior BJP and RSS leaders from Madhya Pradesh met NIA officials here following the arrest of a few persons, allegedly linked with the Sangh, in Malwa region including Indore division in recent days.
Leading the delegation, BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan along with with local MLAs and RSS leaders went to the Officers` Mess of Police last night to meet the National Investigation Agency (NIA) officials, party sources said today.
"NIA was told that they should not arrest people without any warrant, nor blame any organisation or political party while conducting searches or arrest unless it has got any substance of evidence," city BJP president Shankar Lalwani said.
"Mahajan asked them whether NIA was working or acting without any law of land. NIA sleuths had searched houses in villages of Malwa region covering Indore, Dewas, Khandwa and Ujjain districts without any prior notice, and it may lead to tension," said Lalwani, while quoting talks at the meeting.
NIA officers could not be contacted for comments on yesterday`s meeting.
During a personal visit here yesterday, BJP vice president Kalraj Mishra also condemned the NIA for framing Hindus in blast cases.
"NIA has no solid proof against those people who have been arrested in blast cases. Pakistan and other countries are taking advantage of Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s statement in which he talked of saffron terror. The Centre is misusing NIA and CBI," he alleged.
NIA had recently arrested some persons from Madhya Pradesh in connection with the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast and the Malegaon bomb blasts cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report