BJP, RSS leaders meet NIA officials over arrests
Indore: Senior BJP and RSS leaders from Madhya Pradesh met NIA officials here following the arrest of a few persons, allegedly linked with the Sangh, in Malwa region including Indore division in recent days.
Leading the delegation, BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan along with with local MLAs and RSS leaders went to the Officers` Mess of Police last night to meet the National Investigation Agency (NIA) officials, party sources said today.
"NIA was told that they should not arrest people without any warrant, nor blame any organisation or political party while conducting searches or arrest unless it has got any substance of evidence," city BJP president Shankar Lalwani said.
"Mahajan asked them whether NIA was working or acting without any law of land. NIA sleuths had searched houses in villages of Malwa region covering Indore, Dewas, Khandwa and Ujjain districts without any prior notice, and it may lead to tension," said Lalwani, while quoting talks at the meeting.
NIA officers could not be contacted for comments on yesterday`s meeting.
During a personal visit here yesterday, BJP vice president Kalraj Mishra also condemned the NIA for framing Hindus in blast cases.
"NIA has no solid proof against those people who have been arrested in blast cases. Pakistan and other countries are taking advantage of Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s statement in which he talked of saffron terror. The Centre is misusing NIA and CBI," he alleged.
NIA had recently arrested some persons from Madhya Pradesh in connection with the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast and the Malegaon bomb blasts cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation