BJP-RSS trying to create communal tension: Prakash Karat
Lucknow: The CPI-M on Wednesday accused the BJP and the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) of creating communal tension in the run-up to the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Interacting with the media on the sidelines of an event in the Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat termed as "media creation and hype" the debate on the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"The hype surrounding BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is all a media creation," he said.
In reality there was "No Modi and No Rahul", he said.
Karat also predicted that the combined strength of Congress and the BJP in the 2014 General Elections would not exceed 300.
Asked about the formation of the Third Front, the CPI-M leader said that so far he has held no discussions with any "like-minded parties".
He, however, stressed on the need for an anti-Congress and anti-BJP platform after the polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!