BJP rubbishes Damania’s allegations on Gadkari
New Delhi: The Bharitya Janata Party (BJP) has completely rubbished the allegations levelled by India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Anjali Damania against party chief Nitin Gadkari.
Damania had accused Gadkari of not wanting to take on Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) over the irrigation scams in Maharashtra. She claimed that she had met Gadkari to request him to take up the issue against NCP but was told by the BJP chief that he can’t do so as he had business ties with Sharad Pawar.
Party spokesperson Prakash Javdekar said, “The allegations are completely baseless. No such meeting occurred. We are fighting the NCP…the Congress and the NCP are looting the country. The story is meant to be a diversionary tactics.”
Another party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi added, “…It was the BJP that unearthed these scams. The BJP has been taking on the NCP.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Nearly half of all heart attacks may be 'silent'
- Seven crucial points new BCCI president Anurag Thakur raised during maiden press conference
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....
- Brace yourself, Eid is coming! New still from Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will gear you up for trailer launch
- 'India's net FDI flows to hit USD 38 billion this fiscal'