BJP-ruled states to deliver good governance
Ranchi: BJP leader L K Advani on Friday asked the
party-ruled states to accomplish the twin objectives of his
Jan Chetna Yatra-- good governance and clean politics.
"If we can`t provide good governance, then how can we
excuse ourselves?" Advani told a rally organised here as part
of his yatra.
He, however, said he was happy with the performance of the
Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand.
"I am happy that Munda ji is honestly trying to give good
governance. He has initiated Ladli Laxmi Yozana. If we get an
opportunity to come to power at the Centre we will implement
the programme at the national level," he said.
The BJP leader recalled how the NDA had been "instrumental
in creating Jharkhand, Uttarakhand and Chhatisgarh" (all ruled
by BJP-led governments).
Referring to the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government`s State
Reorganisation Bill to create Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh and
Uttarakhand, Advani said, "I saw curiosity of the people in
these parts for separate states when I used to go to Bihar,
Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter