BJP says it is waiting for PM`s action on marines issue
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday took potshots at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh after the Supreme Court restrained the Italian Ambassador from leaving the country, saying the Court has performed the job which the PM should have done.
Referring to the Prime Minister`s statement in Parliament yesterday where he had warned of consequences over Italy`s action, BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said they are waiting for the action which he had committed against that country.
"...The job which the Prime Minister had committed in the House, has made a promise and threatened the nation (Italy), is being performed by the Court and here is the PM who has made a statement and not performing," he told reporters outside Parliament here.
He said there cannot be a more "laughable situation" then what the PM has created for the country today by his own action and words.
His reaction came after the Supreme Court restrained the Italian Ambassador from leaving the country without its permission, taking exception to Italian government`s refusal to send back marines charged with the killing of two fishermen.
It also issued notice to the two marines, Massimiliano Lattore and Salvatore Girone, who were allowed by the apex court to go to Italy to cast their vote in the elections there after Italian Ambassador Daniele Mancini had given an assurance to send them back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'