BJP seeks apology from Sonia for Digvijay`s remark
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday condemned Congress
leader Digvijay Singh`s reported comment that the involvement
of Hindu outfits in Mumbai blasts cannot be ruled out, and
sought apology from Congress president Sonia Gandhi in this
"The BJP strongly condemns the disgusting statements of
Digvijay Singh and seeks an apology from Congress chief Sonia
Gandhi on this," the party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told
"While the threat of terrorism is looming large over the
whole nation and people need to be balmed after being hurt by
the shock of Mumbai blasts, Digvijay Singh is playing politics
over terror and dead bodies."
Hussain also charged Digvijay Singh of trying to divert
the course of investigations into the Mumbai terror attack by
making such statements.
"Even when the Home Minister and nation`s investigating
agencies are not in a position to tell anything about who is
behind the recent mumbai blasts and are still investigating,
which sources does Digvijay Singh have to make such
statements," the BJP leader questioned.
"Is he above the intelligence agencies or the Home
Minister that he is giving such statements?"
The BJP also charged the Congress general secretary of
trying to play diversionary politics and of playing politics
even on a sensitive issue like terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test