BJP seeks early elections
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday called for early parliamentary elections to end what it said was the present atmosphere of "uncertainty" in the country.
BJP leader LK Advani said the request was made to President Pranab Mukherjee.
"The way to end the present scenario of uncertainly in the country is that the Lok Sabha election, scheduled to be held in 2014, should be held in 2013 itself along with assembly elections," Advani told the media.
"We have not seen this kind of a government where the present finance minister blames the earlier one (for the economic problems), who is not in a position to answer now," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test