BJP seeks early elections
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday called for early parliamentary elections to end what it said was the present atmosphere of "uncertainty" in the country.
BJP leader LK Advani said the request was made to President Pranab Mukherjee.
"The way to end the present scenario of uncertainly in the country is that the Lok Sabha election, scheduled to be held in 2014, should be held in 2013 itself along with assembly elections," Advani told the media.
"We have not seen this kind of a government where the present finance minister blames the earlier one (for the economic problems), who is not in a position to answer now," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan