BJP seeks PM`s response on PMEAC statement
New Delhi: Seeking Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh`s response to the observation of his Economic Advisory
Council that government has "lost momentum" on the economy,
BJP on Tuesday described it as a "serious issue" which should be
discussed in the House.
"His economic advisors are saying the government has lost
its way. Had it been the case, what is the response of the
government? The country has got the right to know and
Parliament is a proper forum," BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told
reporters outside Parliament.
"This is a serious issue and it should be discussed in
the House. The PM should respond to it," he said.
On the issue of price rise, Naidu said, "We want
discussion on price rise in the House. In the last seven years
there were discussions on it about ten times in the House.
(But) no steps were taken, people are suffering and government
Targeting the Prime Minister, Naidu said, "PM should
reply in the House what steps were taken in the (issue of)
price rise and why the government is not able to control
inflation, why the government is not been able to provide
relief to the common people."
Naidu further said, "The PM said we are ready to discuss
anything and everything. We want a substantial motion under
Rule 167. We want a meaningful and constructive discussion so
that the common people get some relief."
He said the general feeling among the masses is that
"people are weeping and the government is sleeping".
Making the party`s stand on the Lokpal bill clear, Naidu
said, "We want a strong Lokpal Bill and the PM should come
within its ambit. This is the BJP`s stand."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack