BJP seeks political consensus to deal with terror threat
Patna: BJP on Tuesday called for a political consensus to deal with the terror threat to national security after Sunday`s serial blasts during the party`s rally in Patna that claimed six lives and injured 82 others.
"The terror threat to national security has become a national issue...It`s time to take terror threat to national security seriously," senior BJP leader Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
"We must rise above political differences with each other to collectively deal with the terror threat to national security," he said.
Prasad said the BJP has held simultaneous press conferences in 18 places in the country during the day to highlight the scourge of terrorism and appeal to all political parties to shed ideological differences to sternly deal with the menace of terrorism.
Six persons were killed and 82 others injured in the serial blasts that rocked Gandhi Maidan and surrounding areas on Sunday during the `Hunkar rally` addressed BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?