BJP seeks Railway Minister Bansal`s ouster
Shimla: Stressing that an impartial probe will not be possible if Pawan Kumar Bansal remains on his post, the BJP on Sunday sought ouster of the Railway Minister in connection with the Railway Board bribery controversy.
"Propriety demands that Bansal should resign immediately as no fair probe is possible unless he resigns as Railway Minister," BJP vice president Balbir Punj said here.
Punj also attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for not asking his ministers Bansal and Ashwani Kumar to step down despite back-to-back allegations.
Name of Ashwani, who holds the Law portfolio, is embroiled in controversy over his alleged interference in the preparation of the CBI status report in the coal scam.
Accusing the UPA government of adopting double standards on corruption, Punj said the present regime will go down as the "most corrupt and inefficient government" in country`s history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- AAP to woo Dalits by bringing separate ''Dalit manifesto'' in Punjab
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert