BJP seeks to blame Cong for disruption in Parliament on day 1
New Delhi: Seeking to embarrass the government on the issue of frequent disruptions in Parliament, BJP on Monday said anti-Telangana Congress MPs did not pay heed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s request that all members should cooperate in smooth functioning of the House.
"BJP had clearly said that it wants Parliament to function. The Prime Minister appealed for the same and said government is ready for a debate on all issues. But there is difference between what Congress says and what it does. They dismissed the PM`s request through their actions," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain charged.
Congress MPs from Andhra Pradesh, who are against formation of Telangana, today raised slogans in Parliament to press for their demand.
BJP used this to target the government, saying the treasury benches are disrupting Parliament and not the opposition which is often accused of not allowing the House to function.
"Our MPs were silent in the House. They even asked questions during the Question Hour amid the din. Congress MPs did not allow the House to run. The ruling party should first set its own house in order before it preaches to the opposition. The whole country was watching how Congress MPs trooped into the Well of the House," Hussain said.
In the Business Advisory Council meeting of the Lok Sabha today, BJP made it clear that it will not allow the government to pass any Bill when the House is not in order.
"When Railgate took place and we demanded Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s resignation and then Law Minister Ashwani Kumar`s removal in the coal scam, the government did not agree.
This led to disruption of the House and they resigned only at the end of the session," he said.
BJP also alleged Congress adamance was responsible for the washout of the whole of the winter session of Parliament in 2010 on the demand for a JPC on 2G spectrum issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani