BJP seeks to disapprove Ramdev`s plans to arm people
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday sought to disapprove
of Ramdev`s plan to set up a 11,000-strong force to fight
corruption and was at odds to explain its leader Sushma
Swaraj`s visit to Haridwar to meet the yoga guru.
BJP spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain, facing a volley of
questions on Ramdev`s announcement of plan to set up the force
to deal with police and anti-social elements, said the party
only believes in non-violent protest.
"Baba`s weapon is his message, his yoga, love for the
country and peoples` support. I have not heard his comments.
The BJP believes in non-violent protest," Hussain told a press
On Sushma Swaraj`s visit to Haridwar to meet Ramdev,
Hussain said she has gone there in her capacity as Leader of
Opposition in Lok Sabha.
"The Prime Minister is sleeping. The government is not
listening to Ramdev. That is why Sushmaji felt it was her
responsibility as leader of opposition to meet Ramdev. She has
gone their in her capacity as LOP," he said, refusing to
answer any more question on the issue.
In Haridwar, Ramdev said he would set up a
11,000-strong force to deal with police and anti-social
elements attempting to disrupt his anti-corruption movement.
"I appeal that 20 young men from every district should
come here. We will train them in both shahstra (vedas) and
shastra (weapons)," he said.
Asked about Defence Minister A K Antony`s comment
today that the country was going through a "transparency
revolution" which can`t be stopped "midway", Hussain said
honest people in the government should "speak up".
"In Rajiv Gandhi`s government, V P Singh had raised
several questions. We hope honest people in this government
will also speak up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog