BJP seeks to keep 2G issue alive in PAC
New Delhi: With the 2G spectrum issue getting caught in logjam in the JPC, BJP on Friday sought to bring the matter to the forefront of Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee saying the matter is pending and should be disposed of.
The demand to settle the pending issue came at the first meeting of the newly-constituted PAC.
BJP member Prakash Javadekar raised the issue of PAC`s draft report on 2G scam, saying it was still a pending agenda and sought to know when would it be taken up.
PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi has kept the 2G issue alive by mentioning in the documents circulated to the members that the "draft report on `recent developments in the telecom sector, including allocation of 2G and 3G spectrum` was also circulated to members of the PAC (2011-12)."
When the previous committee came into being, Joshi had mentioned the draft report as a "pending agenda" of PAC.
The draft report of the JPC on 2G scam had given a clean chit to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram. It had charged former Telecom Minister A Raja of misleading the PM on the issue of 2G spectrum allocation.
The JPC has not met after the draft report was circulated last month amid sharp differences between opposition and UPA members.
15 opposition members in the 30-member committee had rejected the draft and had expressed no confidence in panel chief P C Chacko. Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar had to step in to calm the tempers.
In its first meeting, the new PAC today decided to take up 39 agendas in the next one year, including new issues like farm loan waiver and pending reports on coal block allocation and Commonwealth Games scam.
Members agreed to take up new agendas, including the CAG report on farm loan waiver and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
Another latest CAG report on delay in production and issue of rockets for Pinaka Rocket launching system by ordnance factories will also be taken up.
The issues taken up by the previous committee on which reports are pending will also be dealt with. These include the Commonwealth Games scam, K G Basin Delta, coal block allocation and ultra mega power projects (UMPP).
The PAC is on the verge of finalising its reports on these issues.
The decision to take up the contentious CAG report on UPA`s much talked about farm loan waiver scheme has set the tone for yet another political clash.
The CAG report on farm loans tabled in Parliament in March pointed out that several ineligible farmers were favoured and a large number of deserving small and marginal farmers ignored in implementing the Rs 52,000-crore farm loan waiver scheme.
CAG said it found discrepancies involving 6,822 out of a sample of 80,229 farmers who were granted debt waiver or relief under the scheme announced during UPA-I.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams