BJP sees conspiracy in fires in Mumbai, Delhi
Rajkot: Describing the fire that gutted four floors of Maharashtra secretariat in Mumbai earlier this week, and the one that broke out in North Block in New Delhi today as results of "conspiracy", BJP today demanded a judicial probe.
"Couple of days ago, fire broke out in Maharashtra secretariat and today another fire broke out in North Block, which houses Home minister P Chidambaram`s office and there is no coincidence but a conspiracy to destroy important files of various scam including Adarsh, 2G spectrum and Commonwealth Games," BJP national general secretary Ananth Kumar alleged.
Kumar was here to take part in BJP`s `Save Kashmir-Save Democracy` campaign against the report of the Centre-appointed interlocutors on Kashmir.
Talking to the reporters, he said that North Block and Maharashtra Mantralaya were "the most safe places" in the country and people wanted to know how fires broke out at such places.
The Centre should set up an inquiry panel, with a sitting Supreme Court judge as its head, because people "have no faith in CBI", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory