BJP sees conspiracy in fires in Mumbai, Delhi
Rajkot: Describing the fire that gutted four floors of Maharashtra secretariat in Mumbai earlier this week, and the one that broke out in North Block in New Delhi today as results of "conspiracy", BJP today demanded a judicial probe.
"Couple of days ago, fire broke out in Maharashtra secretariat and today another fire broke out in North Block, which houses Home minister P Chidambaram`s office and there is no coincidence but a conspiracy to destroy important files of various scam including Adarsh, 2G spectrum and Commonwealth Games," BJP national general secretary Ananth Kumar alleged.
Kumar was here to take part in BJP`s `Save Kashmir-Save Democracy` campaign against the report of the Centre-appointed interlocutors on Kashmir.
Talking to the reporters, he said that North Block and Maharashtra Mantralaya were "the most safe places" in the country and people wanted to know how fires broke out at such places.
The Centre should set up an inquiry panel, with a sitting Supreme Court judge as its head, because people "have no faith in CBI", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!