`BJP set for hattrick of sitting in opposition`
New Delhi: The Congress Wednesday lashed out at the BJP for playing negative politics and said the party would achieve a hattrick of sitting in the opposition after the 2014 General Elections.
"We are bemused at the lack of a responsible opposition...History will judge the negative role they have played persistently," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury told reporters.
"We fear that the BJP will repeat a hattrick of sitting in the opposition as they have no collective goal and no cohesion in their ranks," she said.
The Congress spokesperson also listed a slew of achievements during the past nine years of the UPA government, including the rural jobs scheme, rural health mission, increased credit for farmers and the higher food production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon