`BJP set for hattrick of sitting in opposition`
New Delhi: The Congress Wednesday lashed out at the BJP for playing negative politics and said the party would achieve a hattrick of sitting in the opposition after the 2014 General Elections.
"We are bemused at the lack of a responsible opposition...History will judge the negative role they have played persistently," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury told reporters.
"We fear that the BJP will repeat a hattrick of sitting in the opposition as they have no collective goal and no cohesion in their ranks," she said.
The Congress spokesperson also listed a slew of achievements during the past nine years of the UPA government, including the rural jobs scheme, rural health mission, increased credit for farmers and the higher food production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad