BJP set to emerge as single largest party in LS polls: Survey
New Delhi: BJP is likely to emerge as the single largest party in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls with 217 seats while Congress will be reduced to about 73 seats, an opinion poll has predicted.
According to the survey conducted by a news channel, BJP would get 217 seats and NDA is likely to get 236 seats.
Interestingly, it points out that NDA has gained 10 seats more as compared to the opinion poll conducted in January this year.
Congress, which came out with flying colours in the last General Elections, would be confined to 73 seats, while the fledging AAP is likely to get around 10 seats in the Lok Sabha polls, the opinion poll predicted.
It (Congress) is expected to fare better only in the south even as AAP, a debutante in Lok Sabha polls, is likely win seats in north India.
As far as the choice of prime ministerial candidate was concerned, Modi, backed by over 57 per cent respondents, appears to be leading when compared with Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, who has scored 18 per cent.
Former Delhi Chief Minister and AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal was preferred by just three per cent respondents, the opinion poll said.
The opinion poll conducted between February 4 and 15 further predicts that the federal front would beat the UPA with around 186 seats.
All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) would secure 29 seats, followed by AIADMK with 19 and BJD is expected to win on 16 seats, it claimed.
Respondents have identified inflation as a major issue, which affects people the most in their day to day life.
Corruption has been the second biggest problem, noticed by 34 per cent respondents and 18 per cent feel unemployment a major problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!