BJP sets up study group on Brahmaputra
New Delhi: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Monday appointed a study group, with party general secretary Tapir
Gao as the convenor, to look into issues concerning alleged
drying up of Brahmaputra river at Pasighat town in Arunachal
Pradesh, reportedly due to diversion of damming of the waters
by China upstream.
The party said in a statement that Gadkari has formed the
study group for looking into issues concerning "The drying up
of Brahmaputra at Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh". The convenor
of this study group will be Tapir Gao, general secretary of
Other members of this group are Rajiv Pratap Rudy,
Anil Dave (both MPs); Manvendra Singh, ex- MP, Tamiyo Taga,
Leader of BJP Legislature Party in Arunachal Pradesh, Tongor
Tapak, MLA and BJP state President and Sriram Vedire.
Last week, former BJP president Rajnath Singh had written
a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh raising concerns
over the alleged damming of Brahmaputra waters by China. He
had demanded an international water-sharing treaty be signed
by India with China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?