BJP shocked at Sartaj Aziz-separatists meeting in Delhi
New Delhi: The central government has committed a "diplomatic blunder" by allowing Pakistan Prime Minister`s National Security Advisor Sartaj Aziz to hold talks with the Kashmiri separatist leaders on "Indian soil", Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh said Sunday.
"(I am) shocked to see that the UPA government has allowed Pakistan PM`s advisor Sartaj Aziz to hold talks with Kashmiri separatist leaders in New Delhi," Rajnath Singh said on Twitter.
He said the Kashmir issue is India`s internal matter and it should be resolved through a home-grown solution.
"By allowing Sartaj Aziz to hold talks with the separatists on Indian soil, the UPA government has committed another diplomatic blunder," he said.
"Why Aziz is given this opportunity when Pakistan is committing acts of aggression in the state of Jammu and Kashmir?" he asked.
Three senior separatist leaders -- Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik, hardline Hurriyat group headed by Syed Ali Geelani, and moderate Hurriyat faction leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq -- have been invited by the Pakistan High Commission here Sunday to meet Sartaj Aziz.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why