BJP should punish culprits in Rs 1000 crore scam
Guwahati: BJP Mahila Morcha president
Smriti Irani today demanded that culprits behind the Rs 1000
crore development fund scandal in North Cachar Hills district
should be punished.
"It is a scandal involving the people`s money and so
the culprits should be exposed and punished," Irani, here to
attend the state executive of the Mahila Morcha, told
She lambasted the state government for its alleged
overall failure, specially in the law and order front.
On the infiltration issue, Irani said the government`s
both at the central and state level should take it
Asked, she said issues of importance for Assam would be
discussed in the national executive of the party`s Morcha on
September 28 in Mumbai.
On the issue of 33 per cent reservation of women, Irani
said it was not a question of numbers and wherever the ladies
are found ahead of their counterpart they should be given
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city