BJP should punish culprits in Rs 1000 crore scam
Guwahati: BJP Mahila Morcha president
Smriti Irani today demanded that culprits behind the Rs 1000
crore development fund scandal in North Cachar Hills district
should be punished.
"It is a scandal involving the people`s money and so
the culprits should be exposed and punished," Irani, here to
attend the state executive of the Mahila Morcha, told
She lambasted the state government for its alleged
overall failure, specially in the law and order front.
On the infiltration issue, Irani said the government`s
both at the central and state level should take it
Asked, she said issues of importance for Assam would be
discussed in the national executive of the party`s Morcha on
September 28 in Mumbai.
On the issue of 33 per cent reservation of women, Irani
said it was not a question of numbers and wherever the ladies
are found ahead of their counterpart they should be given
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion