BJP should punish culprits in Rs 1000 crore scam
Guwahati: BJP Mahila Morcha president
Smriti Irani today demanded that culprits behind the Rs 1000
crore development fund scandal in North Cachar Hills district
should be punished.
"It is a scandal involving the people`s money and so
the culprits should be exposed and punished," Irani, here to
attend the state executive of the Mahila Morcha, told
She lambasted the state government for its alleged
overall failure, specially in the law and order front.
On the infiltration issue, Irani said the government`s
both at the central and state level should take it
Asked, she said issues of importance for Assam would be
discussed in the national executive of the party`s Morcha on
September 28 in Mumbai.
On the issue of 33 per cent reservation of women, Irani
said it was not a question of numbers and wherever the ladies
are found ahead of their counterpart they should be given
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!