BJP shouts down Owaisi as he mentions Godhra, Ishrat Jahan
New Delhi: Mention of Godhra riots, Ishrat Jahan and Babri Masjid demolition created uproar in the Lok Sabha Wednesday with MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi raking up these issues during debate on President`s address.
Protesting BJP members tried to shout down Owaisi when he sought to know who were responsible for crimes against minorities and also assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
Owaisi`s remarks with regard to Babri Masjid demolition and Godhra riots evoked sharp reaction from BJP members who were heard shouting "shame on you".
Unperturbed by vociferously protest, Owaisi noted there are very few Muslim representatives from BJP in the Lok Sabha.
"Where is the pluralism and diversity?," he asked and demanded that the Prime Minister make it clear what he proposed to do for the minorities.
As uproar continued in the House, Owaisi mentioned about Ishrat Jahan case saying he was raising the issuing of Ishrat Jahan as her "brother".
Owaisi also mentioned the issue of murder of a young techie in Pune, saying, "I want justice to be done to the poor souls."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive