BJP slams cash-for-vote case probe
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday questioned the
investigations into the 2008 cash-for-vote case saying while
no action has been taken against those who benefited in the
scam, the ones who exposed it are behind bars.
"No action has been taken against those who benefited
from the scam. Those who were behind the scam, their role has
not been investigated," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar
Prasad told reporters here.
He said it was unfortunate that those who "exposed" the
scam are behind bars "even on Diwali".
Former BJP MPs Faggan Singh Kulaste and Mahavir Bhagora
along with former aide of party leader L K Advani Sudheendra
Kulkarni are in judicial custody while expelled Samajwadi
Party leader Amar Singh has been granted bail on health
"The entire country is agitated," Prasad said ahead of
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj`s meeting with
the three in Tihar Jail.
The party maintains that they had acted as whistle
blowers and exposed attempts to bribe MPs to win the July 22,
2008 trust vote.
On the last day of the recently concluded Monsoon
session of Parliament, Advani had said that if the two MPs
and Kulkarni are guilty then he is even more guilty as he --
in his capacity as Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha -- had
allowed them to go ahead with the sting operation.
Advani has also said that these arrests had prompted him
to launch his yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list