BJP slams Centre for row over Telangana
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday slammed the Centre for the ongoing row over the proposed creation of a separate Telangana state, saying three new states were formed during the NDA regime "without any tension".
The Opposition party alleged that Congress was creating a wedge between YSR Congress and TDP.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said that during the NDA regime, led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, three new states were formed "without any tension".
"During Atalji`s government, three states were formed without any tension. This government wants both Telengana and Seemandhra to fight among each other," he alleged.
"If there is an unrest, then it is the copybook case of Congress` Telengana affair," Prasad told reporters when asked about the agitation by TDP and YSR Congress on Telangana issue.
Prasad also described as a "drama" the offer of resignation by some Seemandhra ministers of Congress.
"Congress leaders are fighting among themselves and engaging in a drama on resignations. Peace should prevail there," he said.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, whose party appears to be warming up towards the BJP, will begin his indefinite hunger strike in the national capital from tomorrow protesting against the Telangana decision.
While, YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy also started a similar agitation in Hyderabad yesterday holding Congress President Sonia Gandhi responsible for the "crisis".
Congress general secetary in-charge for Andhra Pradesh Digvijay Singh had yesterday hit out at both TDP and YSR Congress accusing them of "political opportunism" and "turn around" on Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog