BJP slams Centre for row over Telangana
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday slammed the Centre for the ongoing row over the proposed creation of a separate Telangana state, saying three new states were formed during the NDA regime "without any tension".
The Opposition party alleged that Congress was creating a wedge between YSR Congress and TDP.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said that during the NDA regime, led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, three new states were formed "without any tension".
"During Atalji`s government, three states were formed without any tension. This government wants both Telengana and Seemandhra to fight among each other," he alleged.
"If there is an unrest, then it is the copybook case of Congress` Telengana affair," Prasad told reporters when asked about the agitation by TDP and YSR Congress on Telangana issue.
Prasad also described as a "drama" the offer of resignation by some Seemandhra ministers of Congress.
"Congress leaders are fighting among themselves and engaging in a drama on resignations. Peace should prevail there," he said.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, whose party appears to be warming up towards the BJP, will begin his indefinite hunger strike in the national capital from tomorrow protesting against the Telangana decision.
While, YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy also started a similar agitation in Hyderabad yesterday holding Congress President Sonia Gandhi responsible for the "crisis".
Congress general secetary in-charge for Andhra Pradesh Digvijay Singh had yesterday hit out at both TDP and YSR Congress accusing them of "political opportunism" and "turn around" on Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?