BJP slams Centre for row over Telangana
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday slammed the Centre for the ongoing row over the proposed creation of a separate Telangana state, saying three new states were formed during the NDA regime "without any tension".
The Opposition party alleged that Congress was creating a wedge between YSR Congress and TDP.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said that during the NDA regime, led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, three new states were formed "without any tension".
"During Atalji`s government, three states were formed without any tension. This government wants both Telengana and Seemandhra to fight among each other," he alleged.
"If there is an unrest, then it is the copybook case of Congress` Telengana affair," Prasad told reporters when asked about the agitation by TDP and YSR Congress on Telangana issue.
Prasad also described as a "drama" the offer of resignation by some Seemandhra ministers of Congress.
"Congress leaders are fighting among themselves and engaging in a drama on resignations. Peace should prevail there," he said.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, whose party appears to be warming up towards the BJP, will begin his indefinite hunger strike in the national capital from tomorrow protesting against the Telangana decision.
While, YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy also started a similar agitation in Hyderabad yesterday holding Congress President Sonia Gandhi responsible for the "crisis".
Congress general secetary in-charge for Andhra Pradesh Digvijay Singh had yesterday hit out at both TDP and YSR Congress accusing them of "political opportunism" and "turn around" on Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees