BJP slams Centre for row over Telangana
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday slammed the Centre for the ongoing row over the proposed creation of a separate Telangana state, saying three new states were formed during the NDA regime "without any tension".
The Opposition party alleged that Congress was creating a wedge between YSR Congress and TDP.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said that during the NDA regime, led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, three new states were formed "without any tension".
"During Atalji`s government, three states were formed without any tension. This government wants both Telengana and Seemandhra to fight among each other," he alleged.
"If there is an unrest, then it is the copybook case of Congress` Telengana affair," Prasad told reporters when asked about the agitation by TDP and YSR Congress on Telangana issue.
Prasad also described as a "drama" the offer of resignation by some Seemandhra ministers of Congress.
"Congress leaders are fighting among themselves and engaging in a drama on resignations. Peace should prevail there," he said.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, whose party appears to be warming up towards the BJP, will begin his indefinite hunger strike in the national capital from tomorrow protesting against the Telangana decision.
While, YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy also started a similar agitation in Hyderabad yesterday holding Congress President Sonia Gandhi responsible for the "crisis".
Congress general secetary in-charge for Andhra Pradesh Digvijay Singh had yesterday hit out at both TDP and YSR Congress accusing them of "political opportunism" and "turn around" on Telangana issue.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar
- Oh-so-cute! Shah Rukh Khan spends candid time with Yusuf Pathan's son – Pic inside