BJP slams Cong, Chidambaram for `mocking` CAG
New Delhi: BJP on Monday attacked Congress and Finance Minister P Chidambaram for "mocking" the CAG and said the Congress will have to pay a heavy political price for indulging in corruption.
Charging the Congress with adopting double standards, the opposition party again demanded Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation and an impartial probe into alleged irregularities in coal blocks allocation while seeking their cancellation.
"BJP condemns Finance Minister for attacking and mocking the CAG once again. He has done so in 2G. Now he is doing so on coal issue also," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
He said, "The Congress cannot get away by mocking at the CAG. It will have to pay a heavy political price for the continuous and unabated indulgence in corruption."
Hitting out at Chidambaram, the BJP leader said it seems the Congress has decided to attack any constitutional body or anyone who highlights corruption done by it.
"The minister who is running away from any probe and accountability of his role in 2G scam is indulging in brazen insinuation of CAG (which) is condemnable," he said.
Javadekar said the people of the country are disgusted with the "corruption-riddled" UPA government and are waiting for an opportunity to punish the Congress.
17 billion tonnes of coal reserves worth Rs 15 lakh have been crore given on a platter for free to 140 private companies, he alleged, adding the Congress was indulging in "monumental" corruption
"The country has seen how brazenly the Congress is looting the country. The coal scam is the worst kind of corruption.... It is a monumental corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read