BJP slams Cong, Chidambaram for `mocking` CAG
New Delhi: BJP on Monday attacked Congress and Finance Minister P Chidambaram for "mocking" the CAG and said the Congress will have to pay a heavy political price for indulging in corruption.
Charging the Congress with adopting double standards, the opposition party again demanded Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation and an impartial probe into alleged irregularities in coal blocks allocation while seeking their cancellation.
"BJP condemns Finance Minister for attacking and mocking the CAG once again. He has done so in 2G. Now he is doing so on coal issue also," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
He said, "The Congress cannot get away by mocking at the CAG. It will have to pay a heavy political price for the continuous and unabated indulgence in corruption."
Hitting out at Chidambaram, the BJP leader said it seems the Congress has decided to attack any constitutional body or anyone who highlights corruption done by it.
"The minister who is running away from any probe and accountability of his role in 2G scam is indulging in brazen insinuation of CAG (which) is condemnable," he said.
Javadekar said the people of the country are disgusted with the "corruption-riddled" UPA government and are waiting for an opportunity to punish the Congress.
17 billion tonnes of coal reserves worth Rs 15 lakh have been crore given on a platter for free to 140 private companies, he alleged, adding the Congress was indulging in "monumental" corruption
"The country has seen how brazenly the Congress is looting the country. The coal scam is the worst kind of corruption.... It is a monumental corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly