BJP slams Cong for criticising governance in Gujarat
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday hit back at Congress for its criticism of governance in Gujarat and said the ruling party should instead tell people what it has achieved in its 10 years in power at the Centre as elections are for Lok Sabha not Gujarat Assembly.
Party spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said people in Gujarat gave their answer to Congress` allegations in 2012 Assembly polls, handing over a comprehensive defeat and re-electing Narendra Modi.
"Gujarat elections are over and Congress has been routed there again and again. It has to now give answers to the people across the country. What are your achievements--scams, corruption, inflation, unemployment, economic crisis..." Naqvi said, attacking Congress.
Congress has been trying to pick holes in Modi`s claims about Gujarat model of development, saying numbers of families living below poverty line had increased in the state during his tenure.
Party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary had targeted his developmental claims yesterday and its senior leader and General Secretary Digvijay Singh had tweeted Planning Commission figures about BPL families in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends