BJP slams Congress for transferring Haryana official
New Delhi:The BJP Tuesday slammed the Haryana government for transferring IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who was probing a land deal between Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and realty major DLF.
Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said the Congress government in the state was trying to save Vadra and added that the Congress had an "Emergency mindset".
"The Congress is in complete shamble and doldrums, they do not know what to do next," he said.
"What is needed is an impartial probe. One officer with integrity has decided to take suo motu action... Instead of acting on his direction, the government acted against him and transferred him, that too by sending orders at 10 p.m. This is nothing but Emergency mindset," Javadekar said.
Khemka, director general of Land Consolidation and Land Records-cum-inspector general of Registration, was transferred Oct 11 by the Haryana government for allegedly ordering the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar