BJP slams Congress for transferring Haryana official
New Delhi:The BJP Tuesday slammed the Haryana government for transferring IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who was probing a land deal between Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and realty major DLF.
Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said the Congress government in the state was trying to save Vadra and added that the Congress had an "Emergency mindset".
"The Congress is in complete shamble and doldrums, they do not know what to do next," he said.
"What is needed is an impartial probe. One officer with integrity has decided to take suo motu action... Instead of acting on his direction, the government acted against him and transferred him, that too by sending orders at 10 p.m. This is nothing but Emergency mindset," Javadekar said.
Khemka, director general of Land Consolidation and Land Records-cum-inspector general of Registration, was transferred Oct 11 by the Haryana government for allegedly ordering the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users