BJP slams govt for diversion of flights for VIP movement
New Delhi: In wake of reports that three
planes with few minutes of fuel left could not land here
because of VIP movement, BJP today accused the Government of
compromising with the safety of common people.
"The incident shows that the Government is putting the
safety of common people at risk for VIPs. A thorough inquiry
should be conducted into the matter," BJP spokesperson
Shahnawaz Hussain said.
The former Civil Aviation Minister said international
flying norms have been flouted.
"According to international norms, plane should have
fuel for additional 30 minutes so that in case of emergency it
can fly to the nearest airport" he said.
Three planes with over 450 passengers on board were
diverted to Jaipur yesterday and they had only a little fuel
left before they landed safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown