BJP slams Malik for equating 26/11 with Babri demolition
Bhopal: BJP on Saturday cited the 2010 verdict of the Allahabad High Court on the land title of Ram Janmabhoomi in Ayodhya, to counter visiting Pakistani interior minister Rehman Malik`s remarks equating the 26/11 Mumbai attacks to the 1992 Babri Masjid demolition in Ayodhya.
"Malik should have been told about the high court judgement holding that a temple or a temple structure predated the Babri mosque," BJP spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad said here.
Dismissing Malik`s remarks, Prasad said he was surprised at the Centre`s silence despite the Pakistani minister raking up the Babri issue on the Indian soil.
"The minister (Malik) should be more worried about the bad treatment meted out to Hindus in Pakistan where they are in a minority," he said.
Replying to a query on continuation of Nitin Gadkari as party president against the backdrop of allegations of corruption, Prasad said, "Gadkari has done a very good job as BJP President and there is no question he stepping down from the post".
Prasad is here to supervise tomorrow`s elections, on the party mandate as the `Chief Returning Officer`, to elect new president for Madhya Pradesh`s BJP unit.
According to sources, the BJP has decided that current state unit president Prabhat Jha will make way for the national general secretary Narendra Singh Tomar.
Prasad expressed confidence that BJP would win more seats in Gujarat and in Himachal Pradesh as the common man in the country is fed up with the UPA government at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway