BJP slams Malik for equating 26/11 with Babri demolition
Bhopal: BJP on Saturday cited the 2010 verdict of the Allahabad High Court on the land title of Ram Janmabhoomi in Ayodhya, to counter visiting Pakistani interior minister Rehman Malik`s remarks equating the 26/11 Mumbai attacks to the 1992 Babri Masjid demolition in Ayodhya.
"Malik should have been told about the high court judgement holding that a temple or a temple structure predated the Babri mosque," BJP spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad said here.
Dismissing Malik`s remarks, Prasad said he was surprised at the Centre`s silence despite the Pakistani minister raking up the Babri issue on the Indian soil.
"The minister (Malik) should be more worried about the bad treatment meted out to Hindus in Pakistan where they are in a minority," he said.
Replying to a query on continuation of Nitin Gadkari as party president against the backdrop of allegations of corruption, Prasad said, "Gadkari has done a very good job as BJP President and there is no question he stepping down from the post".
Prasad is here to supervise tomorrow`s elections, on the party mandate as the `Chief Returning Officer`, to elect new president for Madhya Pradesh`s BJP unit.
According to sources, the BJP has decided that current state unit president Prabhat Jha will make way for the national general secretary Narendra Singh Tomar.
Prasad expressed confidence that BJP would win more seats in Gujarat and in Himachal Pradesh as the common man in the country is fed up with the UPA government at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?