BJP slams Malik for his remark on SRK’s security
New Delhi: BJP Tuesday termed as "uncalled for and unacceptable" Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s demand for actor Shah Rukh Khan`s security, saying Islamabad should be more concerned about the minorities living in that country.
"The statement of Pakistan Interior Minister offering advice to India is uncalled for and unacceptable. A statement coming from the Interior Minister of a failed state which had the distinction of harbouring world`s most notorious terrorist Osama Bin Laden in its backyard is laughable," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
Another party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain maintained that Pakistan has no right to speak on India`s internal matter and should worry about the human rights of minorities in that country.
"Pakistan has a bad record as far as minorities there are concerned. There is no country safer than India for Muslims and no better neighbours for them than Hindus," Hussain said.
He demanded that the Government of India should call the Pakistan High Commissioner and express its ire.
BJP also suggested that Khan should condemn Malik`s remarks as also that of JuD chief and India`s most wanted terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed who spoke on similar lines earlier.
"It is high time that Shah Rukh Khan gives a befitting reply to terrorists like Hafiz Saeed who are not only a threat to India but the entire world," Rudy said.
He alleged that such comments from across the border have started after Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s statement about Hindu terror.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!