BJP slams Malik for his remark on SRK’s security
New Delhi: BJP Tuesday termed as "uncalled for and unacceptable" Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s demand for actor Shah Rukh Khan`s security, saying Islamabad should be more concerned about the minorities living in that country.
"The statement of Pakistan Interior Minister offering advice to India is uncalled for and unacceptable. A statement coming from the Interior Minister of a failed state which had the distinction of harbouring world`s most notorious terrorist Osama Bin Laden in its backyard is laughable," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
Another party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain maintained that Pakistan has no right to speak on India`s internal matter and should worry about the human rights of minorities in that country.
"Pakistan has a bad record as far as minorities there are concerned. There is no country safer than India for Muslims and no better neighbours for them than Hindus," Hussain said.
He demanded that the Government of India should call the Pakistan High Commissioner and express its ire.
BJP also suggested that Khan should condemn Malik`s remarks as also that of JuD chief and India`s most wanted terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed who spoke on similar lines earlier.
"It is high time that Shah Rukh Khan gives a befitting reply to terrorists like Hafiz Saeed who are not only a threat to India but the entire world," Rudy said.
He alleged that such comments from across the border have started after Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s statement about Hindu terror.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!