BJP slams Pak Parliament resolution on Afzal
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday strongly condemned Pakistan Parliament`s resolution demanding handing over of Afzal Guru`s body to his relatives and said this proves the neighbouring country is a "terror state" where its own lower house legitimises terrorism.
"BJP would like to say that the world needs no confirmation now that Pakistan is a terror state and Pakistan Parliament pleads for terrorists. It is a failed state and the resolution should be condemned in no uncertain words by every country across the world," party spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told PTI.
He said Pakistan had harboured Osama-bin Laden, responsible for the attack on the twin towers of the World Trade Centre, in the backyard of a military camp.
"Pakistan has no business to pass such a resolution in its Parliament and interfere in the internal matters of India. This act of Pakistan Parliament deserves the severest condemnation," he said.
The Lower House of Pakistan`s Parliament today passed a resolution demanding that the body of Afzal Guru, convicted and hanged for his role in the Indian Parliament attack, be handed over to his family members. His body was buried in Tihar jail premises.
"The world needs to understand that Pakistan is the den and source of world terror where its Parliament itself legitimises terror," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!