BJP slams Pak Parliament resolution on Afzal
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday strongly condemned Pakistan Parliament`s resolution demanding handing over of Afzal Guru`s body to his relatives and said this proves the neighbouring country is a "terror state" where its own lower house legitimises terrorism.
"BJP would like to say that the world needs no confirmation now that Pakistan is a terror state and Pakistan Parliament pleads for terrorists. It is a failed state and the resolution should be condemned in no uncertain words by every country across the world," party spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told PTI.
He said Pakistan had harboured Osama-bin Laden, responsible for the attack on the twin towers of the World Trade Centre, in the backyard of a military camp.
"Pakistan has no business to pass such a resolution in its Parliament and interfere in the internal matters of India. This act of Pakistan Parliament deserves the severest condemnation," he said.
The Lower House of Pakistan`s Parliament today passed a resolution demanding that the body of Afzal Guru, convicted and hanged for his role in the Indian Parliament attack, be handed over to his family members. His body was buried in Tihar jail premises.
"The world needs to understand that Pakistan is the den and source of world terror where its Parliament itself legitimises terror," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader