BJP slams Pak Parliament resolution on Afzal
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday strongly condemned Pakistan Parliament`s resolution demanding handing over of Afzal Guru`s body to his relatives and said this proves the neighbouring country is a "terror state" where its own lower house legitimises terrorism.
"BJP would like to say that the world needs no confirmation now that Pakistan is a terror state and Pakistan Parliament pleads for terrorists. It is a failed state and the resolution should be condemned in no uncertain words by every country across the world," party spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told PTI.
He said Pakistan had harboured Osama-bin Laden, responsible for the attack on the twin towers of the World Trade Centre, in the backyard of a military camp.
"Pakistan has no business to pass such a resolution in its Parliament and interfere in the internal matters of India. This act of Pakistan Parliament deserves the severest condemnation," he said.
The Lower House of Pakistan`s Parliament today passed a resolution demanding that the body of Afzal Guru, convicted and hanged for his role in the Indian Parliament attack, be handed over to his family members. His body was buried in Tihar jail premises.
"The world needs to understand that Pakistan is the den and source of world terror where its Parliament itself legitimises terror," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!