BJP slams Pak Parliament resolution on Afzal
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday strongly condemned Pakistan Parliament`s resolution demanding handing over of Afzal Guru`s body to his relatives and said this proves the neighbouring country is a "terror state" where its own lower house legitimises terrorism.
"BJP would like to say that the world needs no confirmation now that Pakistan is a terror state and Pakistan Parliament pleads for terrorists. It is a failed state and the resolution should be condemned in no uncertain words by every country across the world," party spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told PTI.
He said Pakistan had harboured Osama-bin Laden, responsible for the attack on the twin towers of the World Trade Centre, in the backyard of a military camp.
"Pakistan has no business to pass such a resolution in its Parliament and interfere in the internal matters of India. This act of Pakistan Parliament deserves the severest condemnation," he said.
The Lower House of Pakistan`s Parliament today passed a resolution demanding that the body of Afzal Guru, convicted and hanged for his role in the Indian Parliament attack, be handed over to his family members. His body was buried in Tihar jail premises.
"The world needs to understand that Pakistan is the den and source of world terror where its Parliament itself legitimises terror," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday