BJP slams Pak Parliament resolution on Afzal
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday strongly condemned Pakistan Parliament`s resolution demanding handing over of Afzal Guru`s body to his relatives and said this proves the neighbouring country is a "terror state" where its own lower house legitimises terrorism.
"BJP would like to say that the world needs no confirmation now that Pakistan is a terror state and Pakistan Parliament pleads for terrorists. It is a failed state and the resolution should be condemned in no uncertain words by every country across the world," party spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told PTI.
He said Pakistan had harboured Osama-bin Laden, responsible for the attack on the twin towers of the World Trade Centre, in the backyard of a military camp.
"Pakistan has no business to pass such a resolution in its Parliament and interfere in the internal matters of India. This act of Pakistan Parliament deserves the severest condemnation," he said.
The Lower House of Pakistan`s Parliament today passed a resolution demanding that the body of Afzal Guru, convicted and hanged for his role in the Indian Parliament attack, be handed over to his family members. His body was buried in Tihar jail premises.
"The world needs to understand that Pakistan is the den and source of world terror where its Parliament itself legitimises terror," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state