BJP slams PM`s `silence` on LoC killings
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday attacked the Prime Minister for his "silence" on the issue of killing of Indian soldiers on the Line of Control and said there was no clarity in the government`s response.
"This country has never been insulted in such a manner," Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said at a rally here referring to last week`s brutal killing of soldiers by Pakistani troops.
"And what it regrettable is that it has been six days since the incident, the Prime Minister is one of the tallest leaders of the country in a democracy. There has been no statement from him," he said.
The BJP leader said there was no clarity on the government`s response to the incident.
"Which way will the relations with Pakistan go? Should the talks with Pakistan continue? What will be India`s response? There is no word from the government," Jaitley said.
He said Pakistan had unleashed terror activities in India after losing a number of wars.
"But look at the guts of that country, India keeps extending a hand of friendship, refrains from use of harsh language and their soldiers come into our territory, kill two soldiers, take the severed head of one of the soldiers back with them. This country has never been insulted in such a manner," Jaitley said.
BJP has already demanded suspension of peace talks with Pakistan following the attack.
The soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops on January eight after intruding deep into Indian territory along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'