BJP slams PM`s `silence` on LoC killings
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday attacked the Prime Minister for his "silence" on the issue of killing of Indian soldiers on the Line of Control and said there was no clarity in the government`s response.
"This country has never been insulted in such a manner," Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said at a rally here referring to last week`s brutal killing of soldiers by Pakistani troops.
"And what it regrettable is that it has been six days since the incident, the Prime Minister is one of the tallest leaders of the country in a democracy. There has been no statement from him," he said.
The BJP leader said there was no clarity on the government`s response to the incident.
"Which way will the relations with Pakistan go? Should the talks with Pakistan continue? What will be India`s response? There is no word from the government," Jaitley said.
He said Pakistan had unleashed terror activities in India after losing a number of wars.
"But look at the guts of that country, India keeps extending a hand of friendship, refrains from use of harsh language and their soldiers come into our territory, kill two soldiers, take the severed head of one of the soldiers back with them. This country has never been insulted in such a manner," Jaitley said.
BJP has already demanded suspension of peace talks with Pakistan following the attack.
The soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops on January eight after intruding deep into Indian territory along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA