BJP slams PM`s `silence` on LoC killings
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday attacked the Prime Minister for his "silence" on the issue of killing of Indian soldiers on the Line of Control and said there was no clarity in the government`s response.
"This country has never been insulted in such a manner," Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said at a rally here referring to last week`s brutal killing of soldiers by Pakistani troops.
"And what it regrettable is that it has been six days since the incident, the Prime Minister is one of the tallest leaders of the country in a democracy. There has been no statement from him," he said.
The BJP leader said there was no clarity on the government`s response to the incident.
"Which way will the relations with Pakistan go? Should the talks with Pakistan continue? What will be India`s response? There is no word from the government," Jaitley said.
He said Pakistan had unleashed terror activities in India after losing a number of wars.
"But look at the guts of that country, India keeps extending a hand of friendship, refrains from use of harsh language and their soldiers come into our territory, kill two soldiers, take the severed head of one of the soldiers back with them. This country has never been insulted in such a manner," Jaitley said.
BJP has already demanded suspension of peace talks with Pakistan following the attack.
The soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops on January eight after intruding deep into Indian territory along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report