BJP slams UPA for not acting against terror
New Delhi: As five CRPF personnel were killed in a terror attack in Kashmir, the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday slammed the government for not acting against Pakistan on terror.
"We have asked the government again and again but they are not taking any steps. At the time of the Mumbai attacks, we told the government that India should snap all ties with Pakistan. We also asked the government to stop the confidence building measures till Pakistan assures us that no more terrorist activities would take place from their soil," BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters at the Parliament complex here.
"No such action has been taken," he said.
Five CRPF troopers and two terrorists were killed Wednesday when guerrillas attacked a paramilitary camp in the first terror attack in the Kashmir Valley in three years.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said inquires were on over who was behind the attack.
"It was a police playground in Srinagar. Some children were playing cricket there and the terrorists merged with them," the home minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH