BJP slams UPA for not acting against terror
New Delhi: As five CRPF personnel were killed in a terror attack in Kashmir, the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday slammed the government for not acting against Pakistan on terror.
"We have asked the government again and again but they are not taking any steps. At the time of the Mumbai attacks, we told the government that India should snap all ties with Pakistan. We also asked the government to stop the confidence building measures till Pakistan assures us that no more terrorist activities would take place from their soil," BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters at the Parliament complex here.
"No such action has been taken," he said.
Five CRPF troopers and two terrorists were killed Wednesday when guerrillas attacked a paramilitary camp in the first terror attack in the Kashmir Valley in three years.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said inquires were on over who was behind the attack.
"It was a police playground in Srinagar. Some children were playing cricket there and the terrorists merged with them," the home minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics