BJP slams UPA for not acting against terror
New Delhi: As five CRPF personnel were killed in a terror attack in Kashmir, the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday slammed the government for not acting against Pakistan on terror.
"We have asked the government again and again but they are not taking any steps. At the time of the Mumbai attacks, we told the government that India should snap all ties with Pakistan. We also asked the government to stop the confidence building measures till Pakistan assures us that no more terrorist activities would take place from their soil," BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters at the Parliament complex here.
"No such action has been taken," he said.
Five CRPF troopers and two terrorists were killed Wednesday when guerrillas attacked a paramilitary camp in the first terror attack in the Kashmir Valley in three years.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said inquires were on over who was behind the attack.
"It was a police playground in Srinagar. Some children were playing cricket there and the terrorists merged with them," the home minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway