BJP, SP joined hands to spoil communal harmony
New Delhi: Demanding the imposition of President`s Rule in Uttar Pradesh, BSP Chief Mayawati today alleged that VHP`s Ayodhya Yatra was a result of a conspiracy by the BJP and the SP to spoil communal harmony in the state for political gains.
"In UP, the BJP and the Samajwadi Party have joined hands secretly to spoil the communal atmosphere in Uttar Pradesh for their political game plan. But the people of the state have rejected their plans," she told reporters here.
"We demand that taking the issue seriously, the Centre should immediately recommend imposition of President`s Rule in the state," Mayawati said.
The BSP leader said "neither the Hindus supported the BJP on its `84 kosi yatra nor the Muslims came in support of the Samajwadi Party. I want to thank the Hindus and Muslims of UP for spoiling the game plan of the two parties".
Under the SP rule, Mayawati alleged that the communal harmony situation has suffered badly and several communal clashes have taken place.
Asked if the VHP had ever sought permission for any such Yatra during here five-year rule between 2007 and 2012, she said, "There was no such proposal during my regime. This is a conspiracy hatched together by the Samajwadi Party and the BJP. The VHP leaders met Mulayam Singh Yadav for over two hours."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared