BJP, SP joined hands to spoil communal harmony
New Delhi: Demanding the imposition of President`s Rule in Uttar Pradesh, BSP Chief Mayawati today alleged that VHP`s Ayodhya Yatra was a result of a conspiracy by the BJP and the SP to spoil communal harmony in the state for political gains.
"In UP, the BJP and the Samajwadi Party have joined hands secretly to spoil the communal atmosphere in Uttar Pradesh for their political game plan. But the people of the state have rejected their plans," she told reporters here.
"We demand that taking the issue seriously, the Centre should immediately recommend imposition of President`s Rule in the state," Mayawati said.
The BSP leader said "neither the Hindus supported the BJP on its `84 kosi yatra nor the Muslims came in support of the Samajwadi Party. I want to thank the Hindus and Muslims of UP for spoiling the game plan of the two parties".
Under the SP rule, Mayawati alleged that the communal harmony situation has suffered badly and several communal clashes have taken place.
Asked if the VHP had ever sought permission for any such Yatra during here five-year rule between 2007 and 2012, she said, "There was no such proposal during my regime. This is a conspiracy hatched together by the Samajwadi Party and the BJP. The VHP leaders met Mulayam Singh Yadav for over two hours."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video