BJP speaking Congress` language on FDI: Rajiv Shukla
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Congress leader Rajiv Shukla on Saturday hit out at the BJP for the Centre`s decision to implement FDI in defence and insurance. Criticising the BJP for speaking Congress` language on FDI, he pointed that the party which had opposed the move the most during UPA rule especially Yashwant Sinha, is now implementing it after coming to power at the Centre.
Talking to scribes here, Shukla said, “They (BJP) are talking about bringing FDI in defence and they have already brought 49 percent FDI in insurance with voting rights. When Congress was in power, the BJP used to oppose it now after coming into power they are saying the same thing which earlier Congress used to say."
BJP used to oppose FDI in defence and FDI in Insurance,especially Yashwant Sinha.Now after coming to power they implement it-Rajiv Shukla
— ANI (@ANI_news) July 12, 2014
Earlier, while presenting his maiden Union Budget, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had said that FDI will be sector specific and allowed wherever it is required in the national interest.
He had also announced that the capital in defence FDI would be raised to 49 percent from the previous 26 percent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference