BJP speaking Congress` language on FDI: Rajiv Shukla
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Congress leader Rajiv Shukla on Saturday hit out at the BJP for the Centre`s decision to implement FDI in defence and insurance. Criticising the BJP for speaking Congress` language on FDI, he pointed that the party which had opposed the move the most during UPA rule especially Yashwant Sinha, is now implementing it after coming to power at the Centre.
Talking to scribes here, Shukla said, “They (BJP) are talking about bringing FDI in defence and they have already brought 49 percent FDI in insurance with voting rights. When Congress was in power, the BJP used to oppose it now after coming into power they are saying the same thing which earlier Congress used to say."
BJP used to oppose FDI in defence and FDI in Insurance,especially Yashwant Sinha.Now after coming to power they implement it-Rajiv Shukla
— ANI (@ANI_news) July 12, 2014
Earlier, while presenting his maiden Union Budget, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had said that FDI will be sector specific and allowed wherever it is required in the national interest.
He had also announced that the capital in defence FDI would be raised to 49 percent from the previous 26 percent.
- UN chief appeals for re-launch of Syria ceasefire
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon