BJP speaking with ‘forked tongue’ on corruption issue: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday accused BJP of speaking with "forked tongue" as the Gujarat assembly passed the controversial new state Lokayukta bill which curtails the primacy of the Governor and Chief Justice of the High Court in appointment of the anti-corruption ombudsman.
"BJP speaks with a forked tongue. They raised hue and cry (over Lokpal issue) here. Now, we see what kind of Lokayukta bill they have passed," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
She said BJP was trying to "cheat" the people on the issue of corruption and had passed the bill just as a show-off.
"People will see through this. They have been exposed," she added.
The state Congress dubbed the the Gujarat Lokayukta Aayog Bill,2013 as a ploy by the Narendra Modi government to keep corruption under wraps. The legislation was passed by majority vote after Congress walked out of the House.
Chowdhary also ridiculed BJP for its leader Yashwant Sinha`s demand to call Prime Minister Manmohan Singh before the JPC probing the 2G spectrum scam saying these are "fantasies" of BJP`s mind. "They want everybody to appear before the JPC...They are so disunited and disjointed...", she said.
Citing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s offer to appear before the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament on the 2G spectrum issue, BJP today said he should depose before the JPC to clear his stand in the wake of charges levelled by prime accused A Raja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH