BJP speaking with ‘forked tongue’ on corruption issue: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday accused BJP of speaking with "forked tongue" as the Gujarat assembly passed the controversial new state Lokayukta bill which curtails the primacy of the Governor and Chief Justice of the High Court in appointment of the anti-corruption ombudsman.
"BJP speaks with a forked tongue. They raised hue and cry (over Lokpal issue) here. Now, we see what kind of Lokayukta bill they have passed," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
She said BJP was trying to "cheat" the people on the issue of corruption and had passed the bill just as a show-off.
"People will see through this. They have been exposed," she added.
The state Congress dubbed the the Gujarat Lokayukta Aayog Bill,2013 as a ploy by the Narendra Modi government to keep corruption under wraps. The legislation was passed by majority vote after Congress walked out of the House.
Chowdhary also ridiculed BJP for its leader Yashwant Sinha`s demand to call Prime Minister Manmohan Singh before the JPC probing the 2G spectrum scam saying these are "fantasies" of BJP`s mind. "They want everybody to appear before the JPC...They are so disunited and disjointed...", she said.
Citing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s offer to appear before the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament on the 2G spectrum issue, BJP today said he should depose before the JPC to clear his stand in the wake of charges levelled by prime accused A Raja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM