BJP speaking with ‘forked tongue’ on corruption issue: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday accused BJP of speaking with "forked tongue" as the Gujarat assembly passed the controversial new state Lokayukta bill which curtails the primacy of the Governor and Chief Justice of the High Court in appointment of the anti-corruption ombudsman.
"BJP speaks with a forked tongue. They raised hue and cry (over Lokpal issue) here. Now, we see what kind of Lokayukta bill they have passed," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
She said BJP was trying to "cheat" the people on the issue of corruption and had passed the bill just as a show-off.
"People will see through this. They have been exposed," she added.
The state Congress dubbed the the Gujarat Lokayukta Aayog Bill,2013 as a ploy by the Narendra Modi government to keep corruption under wraps. The legislation was passed by majority vote after Congress walked out of the House.
Chowdhary also ridiculed BJP for its leader Yashwant Sinha`s demand to call Prime Minister Manmohan Singh before the JPC probing the 2G spectrum scam saying these are "fantasies" of BJP`s mind. "They want everybody to appear before the JPC...They are so disunited and disjointed...", she said.
Citing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s offer to appear before the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament on the 2G spectrum issue, BJP today said he should depose before the JPC to clear his stand in the wake of charges levelled by prime accused A Raja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars