BJP speaking with ‘forked tongue’ on corruption issue: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday accused BJP of speaking with "forked tongue" as the Gujarat assembly passed the controversial new state Lokayukta bill which curtails the primacy of the Governor and Chief Justice of the High Court in appointment of the anti-corruption ombudsman.
"BJP speaks with a forked tongue. They raised hue and cry (over Lokpal issue) here. Now, we see what kind of Lokayukta bill they have passed," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
She said BJP was trying to "cheat" the people on the issue of corruption and had passed the bill just as a show-off.
"People will see through this. They have been exposed," she added.
The state Congress dubbed the the Gujarat Lokayukta Aayog Bill,2013 as a ploy by the Narendra Modi government to keep corruption under wraps. The legislation was passed by majority vote after Congress walked out of the House.
Chowdhary also ridiculed BJP for its leader Yashwant Sinha`s demand to call Prime Minister Manmohan Singh before the JPC probing the 2G spectrum scam saying these are "fantasies" of BJP`s mind. "They want everybody to appear before the JPC...They are so disunited and disjointed...", she said.
Citing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s offer to appear before the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament on the 2G spectrum issue, BJP today said he should depose before the JPC to clear his stand in the wake of charges levelled by prime accused A Raja.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India