BJP starts agitation against price rise
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday launched its agitation against price rise and hike in petroleum prices, which will culminate with a court arrest programme cross across the country on June 22.
BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said BJP started its protests to mobilize public opinion against continued price rise and alleged corruption in UPA gpvernment.
Naqvi said the country was passing through difficult times because Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was leading a "corrupt" government.
"In eight years of UPA government, scams and corruption have broken all records," Naqvi alleged.
He said "import of crude oil is about 85 per cent of the present, while during NDA rule it was 65 to 70 per cent because we had focused on alternative sources like piped gas, bio-diesel and ethanol. Later, there was zero progress on this matter."
He alleged the UPA government is helping oil mafia and those responsible for rise in prices of essential commodities.
The BJP leader said that due to government`s "insensivity" towards the common man and its link with `corrupt mafia` the prices of essential commodities are constantly rising.
Naqvi said the agitation will continue till the increased prices of petrol are not rolled back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' transformation is truly commendable! Pics inside
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to meet industry chambers, CAs on black money window
- Lionel Messi retires: List of other Argentine footballers who have followed their captain into retirement
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday